Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WGBH Video Podcast

This morning, I viewed a video podcast in Itunes's ItunesU section. It was entitled Homo Sapiens vs Neanderthals which can be found under the WGBH 9-12 grade section. I chose this video because I have always been curious about the old times. I personally hadn't really played around with the whole itunesU thing so it was amazing to me the sheer amount of educational content available. The video talked about how Neanderthals were a completely different species from modern humans and that they aren't related from us. We didnt evolve from them. They competed with homo sapiens for food and resources and eventually became extinct. This blew my mind but they backed it up with very interesting and comvincing facts.

I can easily see me using podcasts like these in my classroom to supplement my teaching. I may even assign my students to watch podcasts like this one. If I were studying for a test, then I would definately come to ItunesU again for help.

I have even found myself listening to podcasts for fun. I do believe that podcasts will soon be a normal educational tool as this new wave of technology sweeps into the educational medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment