Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mandatory Blog

This semester, Ive learned so many things that I hadn't previously known about. First of all, I learned about blogging in general. I hadnt ever blogged before, and at first I hated it, but now Ive grown into it. I cant wait to incorporate blogs into my class.

I also learned about the many things that Google can do such as Google documents, presentations, and spreadsheets. As a English teacher, I cant see how much Id ever use those things, especially since I use Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, but its always good to know new things.

I learned what that Picasa thing was on my computer, so that if I ever wanted to organize my pictures, I could use that.

Twitter was a large part of this semester. I had used it before, but never as a educational tool, and I definately plan on using twitter in my class. This is the one thing from this class that I feel that will definately grow and get bigger. The sky's the limit for Twitter.

Itunes was my favorite thing to learn about, especially the iTunesU. I use this to study for tests now, and this will become an intergral part of my classroom. Especially with the rapid influx of Apple products in our society.

One thing that I definatley would have liked to learn about was the Google Earth program. I hope that next years classes use it because it seems really cool.

Overall, I loved this class, and I learned alot about new technologies, and many new things about existing technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment